The Association of State and Territorial Public Health Social Work is dedicated to the optimal social functioning of individuals and families through education, communication, and advocacy with the following objectives:
- To develop and maintain a broad-based membership comprised of persons interested in public health social work from throughout the United States and Territories
- To support a forum for the exchange of ideas, information sharing, and discussion of mutual concerns among social workers in public health
- To promote improved social work practices affecting clients
- To advocate for public health policy that improves the lives of families and communities
In affiliation of ASTHO and in collaboration with other public health and social work organizations, ASTPHSW will take a leadership role in promoting health policy and practices consistent with the principles and values of public health social work.
Our Strategic Direction
- Advocates for health policies consistent with public health social work principles and values.
- Advocate for practices consistent with public health social work principles and values.
- Strengthen strategic partnerships.
- Market ASTPHSW’s leadership.
- Strengthen ASTPHSW membership.
- Strengthen ASTPHSW infrastructure.
Gigi Holder, LCSW, MPH, MCHES
Member At Large
Social Worker III
Center for Advancement of Youth (CAY)
Children’s Healthcare of Mississippi
University of Mississippi Medical Center
Dornette Thompson, LMSW
Immediate Past President
Become A Member
Join ASTPHSW and become an active leader in the quest for a healthy future for our world.